Zhaga & UL LED Design Engineering Workshop
September 10, 2014 | UL Frankfurt
Zhaga & UL are pleased to invite you to a one-day workshop dedicated to the design and certification of modular LED lighting equipment in accordance with Zhaga specifications. The workshop will also address the compliance of these products with the latest US/ IEC safety and performance requirements.
If you would like to increase your market acceptance to the level of top US/European/Asian LED lighting manufacturers, it’s important for you to know how Zhaga and UL can help you. Join our full day workshop and learn how:
- Interchangeability of LED modules can help you keep-up with the evolution of LED technology (increasing your sales potential and decreasing your production costs)
- Zhaga specifications can help you design competitive LED products based on a stable platform
- Zhaga Testing compares with other performance programs
- You can benefit from UL’s intimate knowledge of the latest global safety requirements for LED products (e.g. UL safety standards for field replaceable LED light engines and holders UL/ULC 8753 and 8754 and the 8th edition of IEC 60598-1)
- You can receive FREE Zhaga Certification for up to three models*
Whether your company produces LED light engines, LED modules, LED holders, LED indoor luminaires (e.g. office lighting), or LED outdoor luminaires (e.g. street lighting), our goal is to help you design your products according to international requirements so you can go to market already in a leading and competitive position.
Join us and benefit from the advantage of having one trusted partner for all your testing and certification needs.
- 9.00: Welcome coffee & registration
- 9.30: Introduction to UL – Friedrich Bernhard
- 10.00: Introduction to Zhaga. Benefits of Zhaga membership. Step-by-step guidance on how to achieve certification. How to get FREE testing of your products – Joseph Frederic
- 11.00: Break
- 11.15: Technical overview of Zhaga Books – Joseph Frederic
- 12.15: Q&A Session – Joseph Frederic
- 12.45: Lunch break
- 13.30: New Standards for field replaceable LED light engines and holders- Joseph Frederic
- 14.00: New technical requirements of the 8th edition of IEC 60598-1– Walter Parmiani
- 15.30: Break
- 16.00: Zhaga and performance services at the UL lab in Burago (Milan) – Caterina Galliani
- 17.00: Conclusion and Q&A session – Friedrich Bernhard
* The offer is only valid prior to 31th December 2014. Other terms and conditions may apply. See a UL associate for additional details.
- Friedrich Bernhard – UL Account Executive
- Joseph Frederic – UL Principal Engineer Lighting
- Walter Parmiani – UL Lab Manager
- Caterina Galliani – UL Inside Sales
Date: 10th September 2014
Address: UL Frankfurt, Admiral-Rosendahl-Strasse 9, Neu-Isenburg (Zeppelinheim), Germany
The workshop will be held in German and English and the participation is free.